CONCUSSION–WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Concussion must be taken extremely seriously to safeguard the safety and long-term health of players.
- The majority (80-90%) of concussion symptoms resolve in around 7-10 days, with symptoms resolving within 1 - 2 days in around a third of cases.
- Loss of consciousness occurs in only 10-15% of concussions.
- Head guards, gum shields and other protective equipment don’t protect against concussions.
- Concussion can occur at any sports match, training or as an accident eg on the playground.
- The onset of the effects of concussion may be delayed for up to 24–48 hours.
Head Injury Letter to Parents
Concussion Management Guidelines
Return to Play Guidelines